>I admit it, I didn’t really spend much time reflecting on the last day of 2010. Usually I do like to take some time and think about the year that has passed. The choices I made, life events, personal growth etc. So I am taking this time today, albeit a couple of days late, to think about the year that has just left us. I’ll use this list from here. Don’t panic, I won’t bore the life out of you by posting all twenty answers to the twenty questions… I’ll just hit the hightlights, I promise. I kept the question number the same though, so don’t think I lost my mind and ‘unlearned’ how to count. I do warn you that I may or may not be incredibly redundant and only talk about the biggest change in my life this year. We’ll see.
1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
|the most life-changing gift, our sweet baby O
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
Becoming a mommy away from everyone and everything that was familiar to me.
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
|Mom and dad got to meet O when he was just minutes old!
|Aunt Paty just got here and they are already best buds.
|‘Hey guys, this is me and my beautiful auntie Rhonda, just chillin’
|O got to meet and hang out with my gramps and gram a couple of times this year and it wasn’t nearly enough
4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
Sleep deprivation while still dealing with culture shock.
5.With whom were your most valuable relationships?
with God, the husband and this new little guy we are getting to know and love.
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
Adding a whole new role to my life.
11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
Motherhood taught me that it is ok to cry and ask for help.
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
I came to realize that grace is abundant for this ragamuffin mommy.
13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
Literally? I’ll spare you the exact numbers (I don’t think I could live with them plastered all over the internet), but seriously though, I learned my body is a lot tougher than I thought. There was so much that was accomplished on very little sleep.
17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
Facebook, Twitter and my blog-feed. Ugh.
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
It’s all about making the most out of those nap times, baby! Laundry, lesson plans, dinner, exercise, bible reading. All accomplished during three (ish) precious hours of daily naps.
19. What was the biggest thing you learned this past year?
I learned that God is sovereign and that He has me here, in this place, during this time in my life, for an specific purpose. ‘For such a time as this.’
20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2010 for you
~ How was your 2010? ~