mom-mode post #209 – high five for Friday
August 10, 2012 § Leave a comment
This week went by in flash! But I’m not complaining, for today we are in Istanbul, kicking off what will be an epic vacation! My sister arrives tonight and I couldn’t be more excited to show her Turkey and of course to watch her play with her favorite nephew.
The past few days I’ve conquered tons of handmade projects on my to-do list, but we were also busy escaping from the heat:
1. I made this sock monkey for O, one of my first projects with my new (to me) machine.
2. We join our friends for an iftar meal (the meal where they break their fast) and we were royally stuffed.
3. It’s been so hot, we have had to get creative and play inside. O loved this sensory activity I set out for him. He played and played and then we cleaned up. We were still finding lentils around our living room the next day. But it was a well worth it activity.
4. Another handmade finished product, my very first knitting project. Don’t look at it too closely, but I’m so very proud of it.
5. I went downtown to run some errands and this scene just struck me. It is such an everyday scene here, yet so different from where I come. Living in a new culture has its drawbacks, but it has countless benefits.
Have a lovely weekend everyone!