November 30, 2012 § Leave a comment
Today I’m joining the crowd of 5-minute Friday and writing for five minutes on the word wonder.
I have been thinking about son a lot lately. Like any mother, I fret about his development, his eating habits, how much he sleeps. Needless to say, I think about him a lot. He is my only child after all.
But what has really been on my mind as of late is how much I love him. I mean, when he was first born I was amazed and how such a tiny being could take over every crevice of my heart like he did. I never thought it would be possible for this love to grow even more.
Now I know what my mom always. How her love for me grew each day. I guess that in the midst of the newborn sleepless nights, toddler tantrums and potty-training, I wasn’t noticing how much my love for him was growing each day. Now that many of the storms in my soul have settled, I can see it and I’m in awe.
If me, a mere human can love her son so much. I wonder how much my Lord loves me. More than I’ll ever know.
So tell me mamas, does your love for your child ever stops growing? 😉
November 29, 2012 § 7 Comments
A week has past since Thanksgiving and here are a few things that I have been thankful for this week!
1. This sweet face, enjoying some delicious mexican food with our friends. We have been back for almost two months and we enjoy chips and salsa at every opportunity we get!
2. My mom-in-law got me this old little cabinet to redo and put in our bathroom. I didn’t do a fantastic job on the paint job, but I found this cute little knob and somehow it made the whole thing come together.
3. Getting to snuggle this sweet baby and most importantly, getting to spend some quality time with my sweet friend, was definitely the highlight of the week.
4. Black Friday shopping. I didn’t really snag all the great deals, but I was in Atlanta and got to shop at places I normally don’t get to. Madewell, Anthropologie, Urban Outfitters, yes please.
5. Muddy feet from playing and running with O and my friend’s oldest son. We had such a fun time!
I’m linking up with From my Grey Desk
Don’t forget to check out my new blog: My Simple Cute Style !!!
November 29, 2012 § 6 Comments
My husband and I live in Turkey with our energetic 2 and 1/2 year old son. We actually spend a lot of time traveling between three countries: to visit family in Brazil, to visit family in America (and work some!) and of course, Turkey. We are currently spending a season in America. I am taking full advantage of free refills, mexican food, Chick-fil-a and let’s not forget, Target.
A couple of weeks ago, the husband and I got to go on a fantastic marriage getaway in Colorado Springs. We flew there, so I wore my traveling uniform: long denim shirt and black leggings. I think I have worn a variation of this travel uniform in more trips that I can count. I love how it gives me plenty of comfy give while still looking somewhat put together.
For this trip I added my beloved new Target find, this tribal looking sweater. I love it! It’s cozy and black and white. Some of my favorite things. I also added my Sorel boots. It was cold there and we only packed carry-ons so my bulkiyest item had to go on my feet. I didn’t complain though, they kept my feet warm and comfortable the whole trip. It wasn’t too practical to go through airport security, but I didn’t have my son with me, so I had plenty of arms and time to take these babies on and off. 🙂
Pardon the poor picture quality, I promise the husband will be in charge of pictures from now on!
November 29, 2012 § Leave a comment
leggings, Cato’s ?/ hoodie, Gap/ flats, Deichmann/ coat, Mango/ scarf, handmade
I chose to wear leggings. Yes, I believe that good, thick leggings can possibly be worn as pants. I know it’s controversial, but I stand by it. 😉 My wonderful sister-in-law got me these leggings at Cato’s I think.
A close-up of the hoodie and scarf