2012 recap + New Year’s Eve outfit idea
December 31, 2012 § Leave a comment
Hi everyone! Hope you’ve had a nice weekend! I am a sucker for those end-of-year montages that most news shows do during this time of year. I get sucked in every time. I usually like to take time to reflect and gear up for next year’s goals. Yep, I’m one of those people that makes goals and lists and stuff. I haven’t always been this way, but I don’t know what I would do without my notebook of lists. 😉
1. My sister came to visit! I hadn’t seen her in over a year. We had a blast catching up.
2. O had a blast reconnecting with his auntie.
3. Ah, the husband surprised me and took me to Paris. Sans kid. This was certainly the highlight of my year. I still dream of those buttery croissants.
4. This year we finally made our way to Cappadocia. If you’ve never been, please add this to your bucket list. This place is my most favorite in all of Turkey.
5. Our friends took us to many delicious picnics like this. You haven’t been to a picnic until you’ve picnic’ed with a Turk.
6. We got to vacation on the Aegean sea. I just consider it a highlight every time I get to lounge on the sand by the sea. 1. We got back to America and took O to the zoo. My face doesn’t show it, but I truly enjoyed taking O to do something he likes so much. (keeping it real though, if I never have to set foot at another zoo, I’d be so glad!)
2. O enjoying all the wide open spaces America has to offer. I loved seeing his reactions to everything here. He was obsessed with mailboxes when we first got back. So cute.
3. Thanksgiving with family.
4. Oreos. And m&m’s. And jelly beans. And every other American candy I can’t get back in Turkey.
5. Enjoying O thrive in America, including watching him be a shepherd at our church’s Christmas play.
6. It was our frist Christmas in America in three years. We had a blast.
7. This hug. After a long journey across the atlantic, these two finally got reunited. Just looking at the picture, I get all teary eyed again.
2012 was such a great year.
I will be ringing in the New Year from the comfort of my pajamas and bed. And that’s just how I like it these days. But I put together this little look, should the right invitation come my way (ha!).
So what plans do you have this New Year’s Eve? Do share and let me live vicariously through you!
Have a very Happy New Year guys!