Favorite Things — January
February 1, 2013 § 5 Comments
Good morning everyone! Welcome to February — one of my favorite months of the year. Mainly because February is a month of one of my favorite holidays ( I just love an excuse to wear red and pink together) and my precious son’s birthday (He is going to be three, all boy and no longer a baby.)
Today I am talking some of my favorite highlights for the month of January. As you might have guessed, we’ll start things off with my favorite place in all the earth, the beach:
1. Nothing better than a morning run with this view. Sand on my feet, ocean breeze on my face. It’s motivation enough.
2. My cousin’s husband is Italian. From Sicily. He made us the most delicious italian meal. It was perfection. Even the picky toddler had seconds.
3. “Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle, because the older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young.” I got to meet up with these two special girls. I have known the one on the far right since the first day of first grade. I have known the one to my left since my sophomore year in college. No matter where we are in the world, we always manage to meet up and catch up. This past Sunday we did just that. And it was glorious.
4. Brazilian desserts are just the best in the world ( I am not biased or anything). Next week I’ll share my son’s favorite dessert with you guys. This vacation hasn’t been very good to my waistline!
5. I wrote a whole post about this yesterday. I think this will enter one of the top favorite things ever!