February 14, 2013 § 5 Comments
Our time in Brazil is quickly coming to en end. By next Friday I will be freezing again. But hey, at least I’ll have a killer tan to match my snow boots. 😉
I have had many, many blessings this month. I cannot count them in just one hand. But here are a few of the top moments this week:
1. Oliver got to make his own pizza. We went to a pizza place where they let kids roll out the dough and put the toppings on their own pizza. It was the most adorable thing ever. You should have seen how proud he was of the finished product. So much fun.
2. We took a day to tour the southern part of the island. It was so much fun to show the son and the husband many places I used to go to as a kid. So I guess I decided I could climb a tree like a kid again. But not. The husband, as always, was ready with the camera.
3. I got to see some of my extended family at a town nearby.
4. Super fun Valentine’s Day Date — uninterrupted reading time at the beach and cappuccinos. Basically the best date ever.
5. We went on a hike (O calls them “adventures”) that ended in some sand dunes. We sent O’s Valentines to his grandparents and auntie in America. I’m sure they had to do a double take, because he looks considerably darker (and blonder) than he was when we left a few weeks ago!
Hope you take some time to be with your loved ones this weekend. Have a blessed one!
linking up with Lauren