March 29, 2013 § 1 Comment
Happy Friday everyone! Here are some of my favorite moments this week:
1. Three-year-olds are so.much.fun. We went to see one of my husband’s old college roommate. O and their little girl ‘Dorofy’ (I just love how he can’t say his ‘th’ sounds) had seen each other only as babies. They became instant friends and when it was time to document our visit, they started to goof off. LOVE.
2. I bought the Luna bars for me the joe-joe’s for O. I may or may not have snacked on the joe-joe’s too. Hey at least it’s all-natural junk, right?
3. I LOVE Easter. I got this cute iPad wallpaper here.
4. One of my sisters sent me this scarf. It has become my favorite. It will be PERFECT for traveling.
5. I have gleaned so much from this Easter devotional. Easter is one of my favorite times of the year to think on the sacrifice of Christ for me and how that reflects on my daily comings and goings.
Some favorite links this week:
1. I made these Easter treat bags to give to some of the people who pour into my O’s life every week (his Sunday school teacher, the librarian, etc). I used this printable. These peanuts are a tradition in my family, we always make it around Easter time. Here’s the recipe I used:
- 1 pound (or two cans) of salted peanuts
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
Place all ingredients in saucepan, on low heat until the sugar starts to crystallize, stirring constantly.
Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes on a low heat oven ( 250 F), open the oven occasionally to stir the peanuts and keep them from clumping.
2. This is how neon should be done.
3. Andrea wrote an incredibly brave post on swimsuit reviews. If you are not in the best shape of your life, you should check out her tips.
4. Kinda loving all these braids.
What are your plans for the long weekend?