February 14, 2013 § 5 Comments
Our time in Brazil is quickly coming to en end. By next Friday I will be freezing again. But hey, at least I’ll have a killer tan to match my snow boots. 😉
I have had many, many blessings this month. I cannot count them in just one hand. But here are a few of the top moments this week:
1. Oliver got to make his own pizza. We went to a pizza place where they let kids roll out the dough and put the toppings on their own pizza. It was the most adorable thing ever. You should have seen how proud he was of the finished product. So much fun.
2. We took a day to tour the southern part of the island. It was so much fun to show the son and the husband many places I used to go to as a kid. So I guess I decided I could climb a tree like a kid again. But not. The husband, as always, was ready with the camera.
3. I got to see some of my extended family at a town nearby.
4. Super fun Valentine’s Day Date — uninterrupted reading time at the beach and cappuccinos. Basically the best date ever.
5. We went on a hike (O calls them “adventures”) that ended in some sand dunes. We sent O’s Valentines to his grandparents and auntie in America. I’m sure they had to do a double take, because he looks considerably darker (and blonder) than he was when we left a few weeks ago!
Hope you take some time to be with your loved ones this weekend. Have a blessed one!
linking up with Lauren
February 8, 2013 § 7 Comments
Happy Friday everyone!
1. My sweet aunt gave me this necklace and I wore it yesterday. Love, love, love it.
2. Beach wear. Need I say more?
3. We only have a few more days left with the fam… Taking in every minute.
4. You can pretty know that if I have a cupcake during the week, it will show up on my Friday Five. That’s just a given. This cupcake is special because it was enjoyed in the company of my sisters and mama.
5. Curious George on Netflix. In Portuguese. I don’t even think he realizes it isn’t in English. #trilingual
Hope you guys have a special weekend, full of great surprises. Come back by Monday for some more of this:
Let’s connect! Like My Simple Cute Style (I often share fun things I find on the web), follow me and my family shenanigans on Instagram or check out my fun Pinterest boards! Oh and I’m on Twitter too. 😉
linking up with Lauren
February 1, 2013 § 5 Comments
Good morning everyone! Welcome to February — one of my favorite months of the year. Mainly because February is a month of one of my favorite holidays ( I just love an excuse to wear red and pink together) and my precious son’s birthday (He is going to be three, all boy and no longer a baby.)
Today I am talking some of my favorite highlights for the month of January. As you might have guessed, we’ll start things off with my favorite place in all the earth, the beach:
1. Nothing better than a morning run with this view. Sand on my feet, ocean breeze on my face. It’s motivation enough.
2. My cousin’s husband is Italian. From Sicily. He made us the most delicious italian meal. It was perfection. Even the picky toddler had seconds.
3. “Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle, because the older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young.” I got to meet up with these two special girls. I have known the one on the far right since the first day of first grade. I have known the one to my left since my sophomore year in college. No matter where we are in the world, we always manage to meet up and catch up. This past Sunday we did just that. And it was glorious.
4. Brazilian desserts are just the best in the world ( I am not biased or anything). Next week I’ll share my son’s favorite dessert with you guys. This vacation hasn’t been very good to my waistline!
5. I wrote a whole post about this yesterday. I think this will enter one of the top favorite things ever!
January 24, 2013 § 4 Comments
I have had many more than five high moments this week. I’m keeping it short because the beach awaits me!
1. My sister treated me to a mani-pedi, so my feet were ready to enjoy the summer!
2. Date night at the fanciest movie theater I’ve ever been to! They had recliners for seats. I almost fell asleep while watching the movie.
3. This store. It took me forever to pick a new pair of Havaianas. I was in flip-flop heaven.
4. Lots and lots of time spent poolside and beach side. I love Summer and I love Summer in my hometown even more.
5. More family bonding time. Love these two.
linking up with Lauren
January 18, 2013 § 2 Comments
1. Thankful for a safe and uneventful trip. Mr. O was a trooper.
2. This view. So blessed.
3. Got to go to one of my favorite restaurants. You have to take a boat to get to it. It’s just paradise.
4. Yes. My feet are in need of a tan. But it feels good to have them in my Havaianas.
5. Watching this little guy bond with my family. Precious.
linking up with Lauren
January 4, 2013 § 4 Comments
1. Throwback, old school roller skating with the family. We went to the same place my husband used to go as a little boy. Oliver had so much fun. I can’t remember the last time I went roller skating, I was bit rusty ( I fell down twice!) but managed to get back on my feet. So.much.fun!
2. I tried this new hairstyle for church. I’ve been a bit on a hair rut (loose curls is all I can manage these days), so I enjoyed trying something new.
3. I started my countdown to see my family. Come next week, we will be “suffering” at the beach for a whole month. I can barely wait! Posting will be more sporadic, as I want to take in every moment with the fam. I haven’t seen my younger sister in two years. Miss her dearly.
4. Despite my sickness, I actually enjoyed some of the down time. With a toddler in tow, I’m usually in “go” mode. It felt great to sit, rest, sip some Coke Zero and read “The Chaperone” (review coming soon!).
5. All that sitting around led me to enjoy some of the sales going on online. My purchases came in today. Loving getting some happy mail!
Hope you guys have had a healthy week, if not, hope your “sick week” was as good as mine!
What was is your favorite thing to do when you get sick?
December 20, 2012 § 4 Comments
Happy Friday everyone! I hope you are taking the time to enjoy the season. Sippin’ hot cocoa, listening to Christmas music and waiting in anticipation for our dear Savior’s birth!
Today I’m high five’ing the kind people in our community that make this season all the more special:
1. We have been enjoying all the excitement in the Christmas activities at church! This was a fun night of crafts and baking and singing for the kiddos. Love the people that go out of their way to bless our children! #goodwill
2. The firefighter that went out of his way to make my son’s day. We didn’t have scheduled visit. The man was busy cleaning the firetrucks. Oliver wasn’t feeling his best, fighting a sinus infection. After he got his firefighter hat and badge, his mood changed. :)#selflessness
3.My sweet mom-in-law taking the time to spend with her grandson so I could run some errands and take time to write. #generous
4. I don’t have a picture of the man at the pharmacy that voluntarily helped carry my heavy bags to my car. #kindness
5. The sweet new pediatrician that welcomed us into her practice and took the time to thoroughly examine our son and hear all of our questions. #attentiontodetail
I was truly blessed this week!
Right quick, I wanted to share with you guys a last-minute gift wrapping idea. There are a lot of more elaborate and beautiful ideas on the internets right now. But I haven’t had the time to make pompoms or dip-dye feathers or even carefully select some wrapping paper at the store. So this is a simple idea to wrap small last-minute gifts with things you may already have on hand. Hope you enjoy!