March 17, 2013 § 2 Comments
When I was out for my run this morning, I didn’t freeze my buns off. I could smell it in the air, Spring is coming! I LOVE Spring. Not just because it means my birthday is just around the corner, but also because Spring time means change and new beginnings. And I just love a new beginning, man. It also means I get to run outside and not freeze. Yes please.
Today, we are starting something new on the blog. A new tag today called “If I had a gift card”. The husband and I love Eddie Bauer luggage, so we often get their catalogues. Yet I have never bought any clothing from them. Their Spring catalogue got me wishing I had a gift card to Eddie Bauer though. So I thought I’d share my favorites with you:
What is your favorite thing about Spring?……………..If you have a store you would like me to feature on this tag, let me know! I’d love to go pretend shopping for you.
Let’s connect! Like My Simple Cute Style (I often share fun things I find on the web),
January 5, 2013 § 6 Comments
I haven’t bought a good pair of solid black heels in a long time. After becoming a mom and moving to a country where I walk everywhere, heels just didn’t have a place. In my other life (pre-baby and pre-Turkey), I wore heels every single day. These days ballet flats are like a second skin to my feet. I just didn’t see a need for a new pair. Until I saw these. And they are sold out in my size (and every other size for that matter).
So here are a few of my possible alternates. Although I might just hold out and wait until my dream heels get restocked. 😉
December 31, 2012 § Leave a comment
Hi everyone! Hope you’ve had a nice weekend! I am a sucker for those end-of-year montages that most news shows do during this time of year. I get sucked in every time. I usually like to take time to reflect and gear up for next year’s goals. Yep, I’m one of those people that makes goals and lists and stuff. I haven’t always been this way, but I don’t know what I would do without my notebook of lists. 😉
1. My sister came to visit! I hadn’t seen her in over a year. We had a blast catching up.
2. O had a blast reconnecting with his auntie.
3. Ah, the husband surprised me and took me to Paris. Sans kid. This was certainly the highlight of my year. I still dream of those buttery croissants.
4. This year we finally made our way to Cappadocia. If you’ve never been, please add this to your bucket list. This place is my most favorite in all of Turkey.
5. Our friends took us to many delicious picnics like this. You haven’t been to a picnic until you’ve picnic’ed with a Turk.
6. We got to vacation on the Aegean sea. I just consider it a highlight every time I get to lounge on the sand by the sea. 1. We got back to America and took O to the zoo. My face doesn’t show it, but I truly enjoyed taking O to do something he likes so much. (keeping it real though, if I never have to set foot at another zoo, I’d be so glad!)
2. O enjoying all the wide open spaces America has to offer. I loved seeing his reactions to everything here. He was obsessed with mailboxes when we first got back. So cute.
3. Thanksgiving with family.
4. Oreos. And m&m’s. And jelly beans. And every other American candy I can’t get back in Turkey.
5. Enjoying O thrive in America, including watching him be a shepherd at our church’s Christmas play.
6. It was our frist Christmas in America in three years. We had a blast.
7. This hug. After a long journey across the atlantic, these two finally got reunited. Just looking at the picture, I get all teary eyed again.
2012 was such a great year.
I will be ringing in the New Year from the comfort of my pajamas and bed. And that’s just how I like it these days. But I put together this little look, should the right invitation come my way (ha!).
So what plans do you have this New Year’s Eve? Do share and let me live vicariously through you!
Have a very Happy New Year guys!
December 4, 2012 § 18 Comments
I just thought I’d make a video to share some of my recent fun purchases on our trip to Atlanta. Hope you enjoy taking a peek at some of my choices!
So tell me, do you have any qualms about shopping at the Goodwill?
*to see how I wore the Loft jacket, check out this post!