February 14, 2013 § 5 Comments
Our time in Brazil is quickly coming to en end. By next Friday I will be freezing again. But hey, at least I’ll have a killer tan to match my snow boots. 😉
I have had many, many blessings this month. I cannot count them in just one hand. But here are a few of the top moments this week:
1. Oliver got to make his own pizza. We went to a pizza place where they let kids roll out the dough and put the toppings on their own pizza. It was the most adorable thing ever. You should have seen how proud he was of the finished product. So much fun.
2. We took a day to tour the southern part of the island. It was so much fun to show the son and the husband many places I used to go to as a kid. So I guess I decided I could climb a tree like a kid again. But not. The husband, as always, was ready with the camera.
3. I got to see some of my extended family at a town nearby.
4. Super fun Valentine’s Day Date — uninterrupted reading time at the beach and cappuccinos. Basically the best date ever.
5. We went on a hike (O calls them “adventures”) that ended in some sand dunes. We sent O’s Valentines to his grandparents and auntie in America. I’m sure they had to do a double take, because he looks considerably darker (and blonder) than he was when we left a few weeks ago!
Hope you take some time to be with your loved ones this weekend. Have a blessed one!
linking up with Lauren
December 31, 2012 § Leave a comment
Hi everyone! Hope you’ve had a nice weekend! I am a sucker for those end-of-year montages that most news shows do during this time of year. I get sucked in every time. I usually like to take time to reflect and gear up for next year’s goals. Yep, I’m one of those people that makes goals and lists and stuff. I haven’t always been this way, but I don’t know what I would do without my notebook of lists. 😉
1. My sister came to visit! I hadn’t seen her in over a year. We had a blast catching up.
2. O had a blast reconnecting with his auntie.
3. Ah, the husband surprised me and took me to Paris. Sans kid. This was certainly the highlight of my year. I still dream of those buttery croissants.
4. This year we finally made our way to Cappadocia. If you’ve never been, please add this to your bucket list. This place is my most favorite in all of Turkey.
5. Our friends took us to many delicious picnics like this. You haven’t been to a picnic until you’ve picnic’ed with a Turk.
6. We got to vacation on the Aegean sea. I just consider it a highlight every time I get to lounge on the sand by the sea. 1. We got back to America and took O to the zoo. My face doesn’t show it, but I truly enjoyed taking O to do something he likes so much. (keeping it real though, if I never have to set foot at another zoo, I’d be so glad!)
2. O enjoying all the wide open spaces America has to offer. I loved seeing his reactions to everything here. He was obsessed with mailboxes when we first got back. So cute.
3. Thanksgiving with family.
4. Oreos. And m&m’s. And jelly beans. And every other American candy I can’t get back in Turkey.
5. Enjoying O thrive in America, including watching him be a shepherd at our church’s Christmas play.
6. It was our frist Christmas in America in three years. We had a blast.
7. This hug. After a long journey across the atlantic, these two finally got reunited. Just looking at the picture, I get all teary eyed again.
2012 was such a great year.
I will be ringing in the New Year from the comfort of my pajamas and bed. And that’s just how I like it these days. But I put together this little look, should the right invitation come my way (ha!).
So what plans do you have this New Year’s Eve? Do share and let me live vicariously through you!
Have a very Happy New Year guys!
November 29, 2012 § 6 Comments
My husband and I live in Turkey with our energetic 2 and 1/2 year old son. We actually spend a lot of time traveling between three countries: to visit family in Brazil, to visit family in America (and work some!) and of course, Turkey. We are currently spending a season in America. I am taking full advantage of free refills, mexican food, Chick-fil-a and let’s not forget, Target.
A couple of weeks ago, the husband and I got to go on a fantastic marriage getaway in Colorado Springs. We flew there, so I wore my traveling uniform: long denim shirt and black leggings. I think I have worn a variation of this travel uniform in more trips that I can count. I love how it gives me plenty of comfy give while still looking somewhat put together.
For this trip I added my beloved new Target find, this tribal looking sweater. I love it! It’s cozy and black and white. Some of my favorite things. I also added my Sorel boots. It was cold there and we only packed carry-ons so my bulkiyest item had to go on my feet. I didn’t complain though, they kept my feet warm and comfortable the whole trip. It wasn’t too practical to go through airport security, but I didn’t have my son with me, so I had plenty of arms and time to take these babies on and off. 🙂
Pardon the poor picture quality, I promise the husband will be in charge of pictures from now on!